KiloWhiskey1

Well Known Member
I just watched Team RV at the Columbus, GA Thunder in the Valley airshow. If you haven't seen them, you need to! They stole the show. 12 RVs and non-stop action. Very nice flying!!

TeamRV

I was there too, and 2nd the motion that TeamRV is the best performing group around. I've watched the youtube videos and they don't begin to show all the action that's occuring in every direction at the same time. They members were also very friendly even on their tight schedule. Just wear your Vans AF hat.:D
Bill McLean
RV-4 slider

Thank you both. IT was a terrific show and our first opportunity to perform at Columbus.
We flew more than we ever have before. Each day was circle the jumpers, 2 jet truck races (that was a first for us), and our performance. It makes for a very long day. We surely hope they invite us back. Between the EAA chapter, the volunteers, and the air show committee, everyone was suppotive and friendly. Columbus is right in our back yard.
We very much enjoyed the folks there and all the VAF'ers that came by and said hello. That was a real treat. We love sharing our planes and our passion for whta we do.

The first show with Greg Reese and Len Leggette as flght leads and they did wonderfully. Good command, Good SA, solid air work.

We hope to see many of you next week at Punta Gorda and then SnF.
Best,

Gathering before the show time

Here's a picture of TeamRV just before their show time.
100_3818.jpg
You can't imagine how many comments I heard from individuals saying they wanted an airplane like those RVs, the best all around airplanes ever designed. Thanks TeamRV for the best show ever.
Bill McLean
RV-4 Slider

I third the motion, great show. Not sure if the arrival of a Delta RJ in the middle of the routine was expected, but nice job dealing with it. Had a nice chat with a couple of you too. Chatterbox trying to convince me I need a smoke system on my -6. I think I got a few good shots, I'll post some links once I pull them off the camera if any are decent.

I third the motion, great show. Not sure if the arrival of a Delta RJ in the middle of the routine was expected, but nice job dealing with it. Had a nice chat with a couple of you too. Chatterbox trying to convince me I need a smoke system on my -6. I think I got a few good shots, I'll post some links once I pull them off the camera if any are decent.

The RJ arrival was not expected, ATC would not hold him. Air boss doing his best to try and keep him out for a few minutes. We had a 'knock it off' call by me, and had to stop as he was on short final to a crossing runway in the middle of a TFR'd space and air show waiver time. Had to get behind the crowd, wait for RJ to clear, and restart from the half way point of the program. ARGH!

He had a late launch from Atlanta and his short 20min flight did not give the air boss time to deal with him. He was expected 15 min earlier. All in all no foul, just throws a wrench into a bunch of pilots who didnt need it at the time. But they handled it well. Knock it off calls in the middle of a performance adds risk to an already risk filled environment of 12 planes in a box. We dont like to do it. Sometimes we are left with no choice.

Last edited:
My wife liked it so much, she says,....

Kudos to the fine men (and women) of Team RV. Their hours of practice and safety pay off in a precision-filled, lengthy show full of action.

I sincerely say they are as good as, if not better, than the Blue Angels. "Chatterbox" asked which part of the show we liked best... we don't know if we can pinpoint to a specific as it is all great, however the opposing crossover by Alpha flight near the beginning was impressive....but, again, it's all so well done. We like how there were 3 "flights" (squadrons) and there was often 2, sometimes 3, things going on at the same time. Great choreography between the 3 "flights".

In the middle of their show, with planes everywhere, they were called off because of an inbound commercial flight (what's with that ?!?), they then quite professionally exited and regrouped . They effortlessly (as it appeared from the ground) picked up where they left off.... and did it all safely.

We enjoyed being able to walk through the planes and talk with the pilots. We were able to talk with 2 of the pilots, "Chatterbox" and "Bones". We appreciate the time spent with us talking about what they do. They seem to be very fine gentlemen, who love what they are doing. I'm sure this applies to all of the team (including the women...but they are very fine ladies).

Everyone needs to make the effort to see Team RV, and help spread the word about their shows. :)

Come to Sun-n-Fun

Wallace,

Thanks for the kind words. We do enjoy showing off these wonderful little airplanes and meeting people like you who share our passion. Just wanted to let everyone know that we will be in Punta Gorda (PGD), Florida this weekend (March 24-25). We travel to Lakeland (LAL) on Monday for our show at Sun-n-Fun on Tuesday and Wednesday (March 27-28). Our 2012 season schedule is on the Team RV web site.

We encourage all VAFers to come by and say "hello".