gnuse

Well Known Member
Guess who is in town for the PDK Open House!!?? The airshow has just started and Team RV hasn't even flown the best part of their show yet!

Screenshot2011-06-04at20152PM.png

Last edited:
Is this like one of those rorschach tests? I see a vacuum cleaner ... no, wait ... it's a unicyclist ...

Ha, that's pretty interesting/educational. Good show today, but it was stupid hot out there.

Team RV rules!!

Ben and I went to PDK to see TeamRV perform, since we got robbed by Mother Nature at SnF. We just about fried to the 100 degree ramp amid hordes of poorly-supervised children, but TeamRV was totally worth the suffering!! You guys rule! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, I've seen the runup areas at PDK get crowded before, but this is ridiculous! :D

2q396xg.jpg

Last edited:
Great Photo op

We had a blast performing yesterday also. We did the opening ceremony missing man that was dedicated to Amanda Franklin, circled the flag jumper and did a short teaser before the main show.

My wife "Slinky" was up on the tower platform at PDK and got some great photo's.

Here's the missing man to open the show..

5801118930_fe44b560fb_z.jpg

We open the show with our version of the bomb burst..

5801118974_3631debb34_z.jpg

Bravo and Charlie flights trail pass ofter the burst

5800563531_a37869b9ba_z.jpg

Alpha entering the fingertip to diamond barrell roll

5801120886_d181d9670c_z.jpg

We join up all three flights for the photo pass

5801119998_d3b33bb829_z.jpg

Alpha flight completes the parallel loops

5801118890_6de8e775ed_z.jpg

Slinky also caught a great shot of Skip Stewart performing the knife edge ribbon cut. Great show Slinky!

5800563371_e167eaf36b_z.jpg

You all keep pounding those rivets. It really is worth all the effort to get the opportunity to fly the incredible machines.

We'll be flying the the Ocean City, MD beach show next weekend. If you're in the area come watch..

http://www.ocairshow.com/

Ben and I went to PDK to see TeamRV perform, since we got robbed by Mother Nature at SnF. We just about fried to the 100 degree ramp amid hordes of poorly-supervised children, but TeamRV was totally worth the suffering!! You guys rule! :D

Katie,

It was a pleasure to meet you and Ben. Can't wait to see your RV in the air!

Thanks Smokey, it was fun meeting you all too!

I can't wait to see my -3 fly either! It'll be a while. Watching you guys fly does get a person motivated to pound rivets, though. ;)

Katie,

Be careful, these guys tend to have influential tendencies.....which is a good thing. They tend to be infectious when it comes to aviation.....which is a good thing. I visited your blog and it needs to show more recent activity. Jerry "Widget" just bought a bunch of building tools and needs some riveting guidance.....just saying.

George

Not to worry

I don't have time to build anything..

This flying is way more fun that pounding rivets.

Sometimes you get a picture that is so good, you swear it must be 'photoshopped'. This is not.
There were 6 professional photographers on site who were all instructed, 'get that circle the jumpers shot'. This is a hard one and one we have been trying to get for years. Well it finally happened. AND, that yellow bird is none other than Tony 'Sleepy' Spicer in his new 4 he got after loosing that one of a kind RV-3 at SnF. This is Sleepy's first time flying in a waiver with the team. He has been our crew chief working to get a spot on the team for a couple of years. Im so proud of him. Not a bad way to display yourself in your first event. Way to go Sleepy. At 70 years old, you are an inspiration to all of us.
Hi res here.
Enjoy
normal_msp_pdk-gnd_TeamRV-BlkDaggers_11-101.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful tribute to Amanda Franklin by Team RV and what a fantastic picture of the formation around the jumper. Great background picture! :D

Sometimes you get a picture that is so good, you swear it must be 'photoshopped'. This is not.
There were 6 professional photographers on site who were all instructed, 'get that circle the jumpers shot'. This is a hard one and one we have been trying to get for years. Well it finally happened. AND, that yellow bird is none other than Tony 'Sleepy' Spicer in his new 4 he got after loosing that one of a kind RV-3 at SnF. This is Sleepy's first time flying in a waiver with the team. He has been our crew chief working to get a spot on the team for a couple of years. Im so proud of him. Not a bad way to display yourself in your first event. Way to go Sleepy. At 70 years old, you are an inspiration to all of us.
Hi res here.
Enjoy
normal_msp_pdk-gnd_TeamRV-BlkDaggers_11-101.jpg

Michael!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations to ya'll!!!!!!!