rv12iS-builder

Well Known Member
Friend
A few weeks ago, in the thread about setting the ground-adjustable prop, somebody mentioned Van's recommendation to stop using TCP with 100 low-lead. Anybody have any details on this?

They mailed a note with the "tin foil" that said to cut "TCP" off the decal they had sent earlier. And that we had already put in on, they would be glad to send us a new one if requested. They said it was associated with fuel contanimation. Haven't seen anything from Rotax so I don't where they came up with that. I thought TCP helped rid the fuel of lead.

I heard Rotax just recently said not to use TCP as it affects the engine driven fuel pump. There is another product, Delcalin(sp) that is apparently still OK. I have not seen a Rotax service bulletin on this. So, until you see written instruction from Rotax, treat this as heresay.

TCP use

I religiously used TCP in my Long-EZ for 15 yrs and it did WONDERS in keeping the plugs cleaner and also kept the brass fuel selector valve from getting stiff over the years. My experience over the years is that I will always use it.