humptybump

Well Known Member
Using modern technology, the drop was tracked until it was able to be acquired visually at which point, the sights were locked and tracking tests began. Looks like all systems worked perfectly.

click to view video​

... we decided not to shoot the drone down. :cool:

img1314no.jpg

the ruski finally ran out of fuel and filled up on painkillers. no more flying till the morning. headed to sebring then west coast venice and points south, east and north back to stuart. vman wants to fill up on island landings. should get a few in tomorrow. :)

Next time, SHOOT HIM. He promised me Lobster Bisque from Tangiers but kept heading south. Now I am starving at work waiting for my dinner delivery.

Tony,

Dropping that drone out of the sky was very tempting - especially when he teased a lap around my iGate.

Other than a surprise visit by a nice looking rotorcraft, 53VG has been pretty quiet :(

Why won't you guys come visit? The kitchen is collecting dust !

Glen,
Between training for the Philly marathon, building the -8, and of course working and keeping Momma happy....I've barely time to sleep! I must always remain vigilant against Russian infultration but since I've started the build, it isn't much of a concern! :D

We will be down shortly, but you know you could always come UP to us also! :D
There is still SOME beer left in the build fridge.

you know you could always come UP to us also! :D
There is still SOME beer left in the build fridge.

I have been very tempted to "appear" but for the near term, my total travel times need to be kept at 5hrs or less (Nick, the new farm dog, shouldn't crate for longer than that). As for the beer fridge, it's safe from me since I always have to fly home. :(

Perhaps a short visit is in order to see you project !

Tooch - I don't have ANY free time (still working 50+ hours a week as a corporate slave plus all the projects here on the farm) ... I read about retirement once but I think it was just a subplot in a fairy tail :eek:

Russian Drone Sighting

So, there I was, minding my own business this morning when my alert radar goes off. Seems the Russian Drone was well within targeting range....:D

1zxv57b.jpg

After the radar stopped chirping, I look up to see Vlad and Turbo evading my Anti-Vlad targeting system.

Even though Venice Airport is closed for construction the navigator found a grass strip South of Venice in Englewood.

oq8ufm.jpg

After a casual lunch at Sharky's on the Pier (local guys know this spot well) and some sight-seeing they escaped. Although advised by very local traffic control (me) to taxi to the runway and down to the tires, the Russian part of the crew used the sand construction road to get to the departure end.

4reozn.jpg

Oh well, at least he was leaving :D:D

34ir808.jpg

Last I saw them, they were headed South to do some Island hopping (and counting....:))

156sizb.jpg

A good time was had by all and we look forward to seeing you both again in the spring.

Hey Vlad, you forgot to get some of the cake my wife made for you....;)
She said you need the carbs.

gary, we are having a hoot reading your post. great day on the west coast! vman is ready to come back for some cake. his grouper roll is set for breakfast before heading home in the morning. by the way, we landed at 6 airports but were able to log 10. what a windy xwind day it was. i was pushing on the rudder pedal at stuart but it didnt help. nice to be back home. best to all. your turn to come over to stuart. bring the wife. :)
1zxv57b.jpg

gary, we are having a hoot reading your post. great day on the west coast! vman is ready to come back for some cake. his grouper roll is set for breakfast before heading home in the morning. by the way, we landed at 6 airports but were able to log 10. what a windy xwind day it was. i was pushing on the rudder pedal at stuart but it didnt help. nice to be back home. best to all. your turn to come over to stuart. bring the wife. :)

Will do Turbo.

Mig-29 Crew Shirt with a REAL Russian holding it. Oh Yeah, and cake too.:)

28iyl9k.jpg

2rws5t4.jpg

that cake looks tantalizing. nice lookn carrots. yum. the russian drone is on the move... headed north about 15 minutes ago, palatka for $5 avgas. we are standing by for a good blow from hurricane. no flying today. :)
vaf.gif

It would appear that he made two stops in Palatka this trip and I missed him both times. I need to keep a page open in the browser just for his track! Glad he made it out in front of the weather. It's blowing pretty good right now.

Vlad caught his own weather here in the NorthEast. I had to guide him via RADAR as he came through.

KSC Pass

Congrats Vlad on the Shuttle Landing Facility (SLF) runway pass! Glad Palatka is still discounted, I may be flying over to KDED next month.