RV7ator

Well Known Member
ECi's EXP Titan jugs have tapered fins on the barrrel, which will require a mod to Van's baffles. How have those of you who've made the installation dealt with it?

Always looking for a better idea.

John Siebold
Boise, ID

RE:Taper ECi barrel baffle fit

I have just completed the (or so I thought) baffles for my ECI Titian IOX-360
and did note the problem of the tapered barrels making a good seal with the Van's kit. After viewing the drawing on ECi web site and think I can see how they will work.

"In a nut shell the tension rod flange on the inner baffle would be cut off from the Van's part and then the ECi modification part would be riveted to it using the three flanges on the radius portion of the part. The flange of the radius would then hug the tapper portion of the barrel/the flange with the hole in it would be the new tension rod mount point.

Easy as pie don't you think.....NOT.....at least for me. I was so happy today knowing that my one week baffle project was done after five weeks of work (I decided to build a plenum). Oh well another day or two or......to get this right will be very small in the big scheme of things.

Man I am glad I read this thread as it cleared up a question I had with the fit of the lower inner baffle to the tappered cylinder."

These were my thoughts in the above mentioned thread. I followed the ECi instruction and with the use of high temp silicone was able to close these gaps. Like the whole plane it was a learning experience, alot of work, but satisfying in it's completion. Plane hasn't flown yet so the jury is out as to the effectiveness.

Frank @ SGU and 1L8 RV7A last 1001 details