Bob Kuykendall

Well Known Member
Does anybody have an RV-8 Z-bracket that they could measure for me? I'm looking for the following dimensions, and they don't seem to be in the plans.

z-bracket.gif

Thanks, Bob K.

Bob,

Measuring a T-712 "Z" bracket with my machinist scale, here are the numbers I came up with:

144a43.png

My digital micrometer would have been much more precise in determining the exact thickness of the material, but it's at the airport! :)

...speaking of z-brackets...

... anybody have experience with running pitot lines, aoa lines, lighting wires, etc in front of the main spar through the z-bracket spacings? it was brought to my attention a few years back, and now I'm just getting to those tasks. seems it saves drilling through the wing center section. a brief search here revealed only one example that i could find. looking for pros/cons/advice.

... anybody have experience with running pitot lines, aoa lines, lighting wires, etc in front of the main spar through the z-bracket spacings?...

I think that's the standard way of running the fuel level sender wires where the tank has a flop tube in the root rib so the sender has to be installed through the rear baffle in the next rib bay outboard. But I've not seen any other wires run through there.

Thanks, Bob K.