rwshooter

Well Known Member
I saw a thread a while back about the "pillowing" between the tank and leading edge fit......clearly the issue is the screw spacing on the tank side. anyone added a screw in the 2 locations on the top side of the tank to make it fit better?

Robb........7A

I know some people have added shims under the leading edge skin to help raise it up.

Check Brad's Site here

thanks for finding that Ryan.......Mine appears to be more pronounced than Dave's and I dont think a shim by itself will do the trick.....I'm gonna stare at it for a couple days before I do anything to it....there is plenty more to do!!

Robb...7A

I saw a thread a while back about the "pillowing" between the tank and leading edge fit......clearly the issue is the screw spacing on the tank side. anyone added a screw in the 2 locations on the top side of the tank to make it fit better?

Robb........7A

Are your skins flush where the tank mounting screws are located?

I am not sure it is the spacing of the tank mounting screws, but rather a result of too much proseal used when installing the rear tank baffle. This in concert with not clamping the tank skin to the rear baffle along its entire length while the proseal sets can be the culprit.

This is the case for a -6, not sure if it applies to the -7 as well.

Last edited:
yeah my tank attach areas line up perfect IE:all screws are in and the very front of tank leading edge matches perfect with the front of leading edge, in other words, they are pulled down together and evenly. After playing with it a little, I think a shim on the leading edge side and an extra screw on the tank side would do the trick.:confused: but I'm still gonna stare at for a while cuz theres plenty more to do

Robb....7A

update on pillowing

I put a shim in the leading edge to help lift it up a bit just like at Dave's website. Wow what a difference!.....Looks like I'll be drilling out some rivets on the other wing and doing the same thing. You guy's are nothing short of brilliant:D

Robb.....7A

shims

Where did you put the shims?? Did you put them under just one rib on the outbd leading edge or more than one rib? Thanks Patrick

hey Pat,

For my situation I put a 1/2" wide shim made out of 025 on the leading edge side on the top... if you have the tank and leading edge mounted, the shims starts at 1/4" or so forward of the forward most tank mounting screw and moves aft to 1/2" past the 3rd tank mounting screw. The forward and aft ends are tapered so the transition blends nicely.........hope I explained this right:confused:

Robb.....7A

oops

Dave....Brad.....it's all the same right:eek:.....the credit goes to your site Brad for sure.
thanks a bunch......btw......when you guy's post a pic do you use the process shown on this website or is there an easier way.....I can do it but it takes forever and a day to get it all done and online....I'd rather spend the time building.

Robb....7A

No worries... I was just poking a little fun. No, credit goes to VAF (and Rick6a) for helping me solve my problems... I just took pictures.