mbetti

I was tank sealing this past weekend. That's two days I'll never get back.:(. Anyway, I used a digital postal scale. I am getting to the end of the qt can and I noticed I have quite a bit more activator than I should. The sealer is sticky after a day, but seems to be curing. Working temp is close to 60 F. Is this an issue. Will it still cure? Just take longer?
Mike

tell us more about the scale, what weights/ratios of sealant to activator are you using for each batch

A good scale is important so you can accurately measure the 10/1 ratio mix.

60 F. is pretty cool which will definately slow down the cure process. If after a full day (24hrs) the sealer still sticks to your fingers you might be in trouble, B2 will normally be tack-free after 2 hours at 70 F if mixed properly. Before I started thinking about alternatives I would warm the part to 80+ degrees for 4-6 hours and see if they helps. If it doesn't you're not going to like the alternative :eek:

You're in Iron Mountain, eh? B2 takes at least 2 days to cure in tundra town unless you're hard into black fly season. Up here its sometimes 3 days.

I was surprised how long it takes the sealer to set. Give it more time. As long as the sealer is a good shad of gray and is mixed well, it seems to set. Just takes some time.

Used some heat and it seems to have tacked off. I plan on brushing some A2 over everything too. Here's a reply i received on this subject from Flamemaster.
Hello Mike,
I hope I can help.* It's funny because usually companies are calling because**they have
over catalized the Material.
According to the specification the material should be tack frre in about 40 hours and
cured to 35 shore in 72 hrs.
You may accelerate the cure with heat.* Temperature and humidity have an affect on the
speed of the cure.* I am guessing that the material will eventually cure.* The class A and Class B material
are compatible.* Once the Class B cures you should not have a problem with the adhesion to the*Sure*
Regards,
Linda Smith
Mgr. Customer Relations
Sales Department
Flamemaster Corporation