NYTOM

Well Known Member
Anybody have any experience using Pro-seal and Van's new product Flamemaster on the same fuel tank. I have a tank that I started with Pro-seal and would like to complete, but wonder if the two products are compatible on mating surfaces.

Old and new

Tom... the FlameMaster product meets the old MIL-S-8802F specification (now replaced by an AMS specification)

This specification says that the product must be able to repair minor breaks in all other sealing compounds meeting the same specification.

If the ProSeal meets the old MIL-S-8802 spec. it's a definite good to go....

gil A

Old & New

Thanks Gil. I tried logging on to their site with your link and I also had trouble. It appears to be the only type that Van now sells. I just wanted to make sure I could complete my tank with this new product so I didn't end up writing in with one of those leaky tank stories. This must be a recent change at Van's for a tank sealant supplier. They definitely could have come up with a better name for a fuel tank sealant than Flamemaster. Sure does conger up some nasty images. It does sound more like a product for the firewall. Hey Gil, by the way I'm also building one of those VSB models.:D

Tom,

They are basiaclly the same thing. The both meet the same spec. I don't think there is any issue using both on the same tank.

sealant

I used both with no adverse effects. I couldn't tell them apart even the smell is the same. My tanks are leak free, hope this helps.
Dennis

God I love this site

Thanks to all for the quick help in solving my problem. I guess it was a lot of worrying for nothing. This is exactly why this site is so valuable to anyone building a RV. ;)