xblueh2o

Well Known Member
I was walking through our maintenance hangar at work today and spotted a couple of technicians applying a bead of sealant around a panel with something that looked like pro-seal so I wondered over to check it out. The sealant they were using is a PPG product specifically for void filling but the tech said that the sealant for fuel tanks looks and act similar. I commented that it must be a chore to clean up all the tools etc after working with either. The techs looked at me and said "that's what the Poly-Wipes are for". He had a tool coated in sealant and his gloves were covered as you would expect after working with that type of material. He pulled one of the towels from the tub and wiped everything off like it was nothing. The stuff is not toxic unlike MEK or other solvents and seems to work great. I checked out the website and they have compounds for removing dried sealant as well. Looks like you can order through Spruce. I am not affiliated with the company in any way. Just saw one of their products in use and noted that it worked as advertised.