Steve Sampson

Well Known Member
I made up one of the tank attach brackets (Tank to fuselage) yesterday as shown in the drawing. It was such a poor fit I will remake it. It assumes the bracket on the tank is lower than it actually is. Did anyone else find this?

Thanks.

Take your time with these, as the plan will not really show the true shape.Most RV-4 builders have found there is significant interference with the root fairing also,and if I were doing mine again,I wuld face the attach flange aft of the tank fitting instead of forward as shown in the plans. I had to bevel the lower end of the flange to clear the fiberglass fairing.

Bill Englert
RV-4 preping for paint

F-463 Tank attach brackets

Bill thanks for that. I was a bit puzzled if it was just me. I have put a picture which outlines the variance here on my blog for the few who are behind me building a -4.

Thanks,

Tank bracket/front wing attach

Sorry about the quality of the picture....pre digital cameras/scanners. It does show how I had it was modified to get the fairing to fit better. The first one I made exactly according to the plans and it did not fit at all....and still sits in my scrap AL box.....

Last edited:
Your picture - tank attach

Marc, I would be really interested to see the picture you posted. Its not showing however. Anything you can do?

Thanks,

Steve Z - thanks for that. I was looking at my old -9A plans when your email arrived. I have done something similar to yours. It looks like the -7 has a steel part for this.

Here is mine.