rwarre

Well Known Member
DUH???? I started on the tank attach angle and figured that I would have to be a artist to get the design the way the picture looked. Then it darned on me that all I had to do was copy the picture and enlarge it. That said, it worked like a charm. The part is exactly like the picture although it may not need to be so specific. Hope this helps other builders.

Empannage finished, working on wings

Great timing of post!

I'm working on these as we speak! I didn't blow up the picture as you did, however I simply found the centerline of the 2 1/2" side. I then took a compass w/pencil in it and scribed a circular area where the radius needs to be. I then used some other drafting plastic curves and drew a line down to the edges. The result looks plenty close enough for my satisfaction!

For the 2" side that conforms to the inside of the rib, I simply took a piece of paper and pressed it down into the creases of the rib and scribed along the paper with a pencil along the rib flange to get an exact replica of the shape that needs to be transferred to the alum. angle. I also scribed along the bottm of the paper down 2" from the tip of the rib scribe line. I was then able to cut it all out and transfer the pattern directly onto the angle.

BTW, my cheapo bandsaw w/ metal cutting blade cut it all out like a hot knife through butter!

I just used one of the inside reinforcement plates that already has that shape as a template to trace on the angle for the nose rib side. For the fuselage side, I measured the radius, drew a semicircle, then drew the lines tangent to the circle from each corner.