Slimpockets

I'm New Here
Guys,
I'm 6'4" 220#. Sitting Ht. is 42". I did a search on the forum for tall pilots and one idea was to put a custom canopy on so a tall pilot could fit. Would this be possible? I'm worried about blocking or disturbing air over the tail. What do you think?
Thanks Russell

I'm tall too

I am 6'3", 185lb.:D and I have no problem in the -4 I have cut the canopy differently than described in the plans, and this has allowed me an extra 1" of head room. I have also flown in one the same way, and there was no difference in the way it flys. I also cut it the same way on the -3 I'm flying, and it works out just fine.:D

I just started my RV-4 tail kit. I knew I really wanted to build an RV-4 but before I committed I sat in a fellow Chapter member's RV-4. I am 6'2" and 220 or so. I fit just fine. He did move the roll cage back 1" for more leg room. I plan to build in all the tall man mods I can.

More room in RV-4

I'm taller as well 6'1", so I moved my roll bar about 1.5 inches aft to gain more front seat room. This allowed me to relocate the entire front seat back further aft for more leg room, but it caused another issue. The canopy frame crossover bar then hit on the new location of the roll bar. I had to cut off the crossover piece and have it re-welded the same distance aft. Sometimes when we make one little change to something, it causes a ripple effect and other changes are necessary to make our brilliant ideas work.
Good Luck!