It depends. People have different body geometries, ie. tall torso vs. long legs, and just because one 6'7 guy will fit doesn't mean another will. FWIW I've flown with a 6'6 pax in my -6 and he fit just fine. Rudder pedals all the way forward and thin seat cushions help.

The only way to know if you'll fit is to sit in one.

I have a long legged, long bodied, 6' 7" friend and he thinks my RV7A is too small, except for a ride. He would not be comfortable owning one. He is considering the 10, which he says fits him fine.

Roberta

It would be tight but could work

I'm 6'5" and 250lbs and fly a 7A. I'm getting along fine. I made a couple of accomodations. The biggest thing I've done is to lengten the strap connecting the rudder pedals to the cable. This gave me a couple of extra inches. Luke at Classic Areo is manufacturing a "tall pilot" model of his Sportman seats that will give me an extra inch or two. There is also the option of moving the seat-back attach point back an inch or two. I tried that in a 6 and it was ok but then, of course, you sit more upright.

The canopy height is just barely ok. I use Bose headsets. If I wear a baseball hat under the headsets, I occassionaly bump up against the canopy. Without the hat, it seems fine.

6'7" would be a close fit but the pleasure of flying an RV is such that I would encourage you to give it a try. Fly one long enough -- at least a short cross country -- to get a sense of how it would feel on a real trip. Check into the modifications I just mentioned and investigate what else might be possible.

Again, I'd give it a try, for me it has been worth the effort.

Ed

Doesn't sound like a good fit to me

I have an RV-6A and in my youth I was a 6' 2" guy. Now compressed and bowed with age closer to 6' with a cap and head set I am right up there near the glass. I have thin cushions compared to those on the right side for my wife but 6' 7" in my plane for routine travel just wouldn't work. Flairing for landing would be awkward. I believe from what Roberta said, the same is true of the RV-7.

Bob Axsom

I am 6'4", but most of my height is in my torso rather than my legs. Therefore, my "sitting height" would compare to a 6'6" or 6'7" individual.

On various rides and during my transition training I found the 6's (7's) to be very uncomfortable. My head would touch the canopy with the thinnest of cushions and the seat back in the rearmost position. Equally frustrating my thighs would contact the bottom of the instrument panel with my feet on the rudder pedals.

That's why I bought an 8. No problems whatsoever. I have probably 3" head clearance with Lightspeed headset and no leg problems. The 8 is a much better fit for the tall pilot.