BergRV8A

I'm New Here
Hi everyone,
I am seriously considering to build a QB RV-8. I would like some more info. on the tall pilot option and pics. would be awsome!

How do I change my username?

Also I would like to get a ride in a RV-8 before I make the final decision, I live in Clayton, NC.

Thanks!
Jake

how tall is tall...

i am 6-4+ with a 34 inseam and fit fine in the 7... the 8 has more headroom. if you have not had a chance to sit in one you should post a request here and you will likely get a ride out of it too. if it turns out that you really need extra headroom you will likely have to slow build the fuselage. i vote for slow build in most any case... you just miss out on so much and it does not really save all that much time in the big picture.

apparently the user name is not user adjustable... perhaps the administrator can.

I put the "tall" option in my '8. It is a different front seat back upper support that lets the front seat back recline another ~1.5 inchs at the top. I put it in because I like a more reclined seat. You do have to build the seat back longer to match up with the support.

I had a QB and found that the new support was easy to install after removing the regular support. The holes even lined up fairly well requiring a small slot on a couple of holes.

The downside is that the rear passenger has a little less room, but I don't plan to haul any big rear passengers anyway, YMMV.