NYTOM

Well Known Member
Anyone here flying a unpainted side by side RV south east of Albany NY yesterday afternoon 11/19 over the powerhouse on the Hudson river?
Maybe gassed up at 4BO then headed north over the river?
I always stop what I'm doing to look-up at all planes (as we all do) and rarely see an RV. This one had a unique sound compared to all the other spam cans that fly in the area and sounded especially good. ;) Finally a plane I could point out to my crew that was similar to the one I've been building in my man cave. :D Wondering what was under the cowl and the type of exhaust.
One of the guys said it looked and sounded like a little fighter zipping by!
:cool:

Probably one of 9 drivers visited. They (the 9s not the drivers :D) have whistling sounds coming from HS holes.

???????????????????????

Say what?
That's the first time I ever I ever heard of that. :confused: You guys putting me on ? :eek: Those trainer 9's models aren't that much different than the adult version 6 or 7. :p Only kidding now, don't get your panties in a bunch.:D
ps Now you know how us "A" guys feel when the dragger boys start their rants!

Last edited:
Whatever

I'm gonna go do some aerobatics while you guys figure out the -7 is better. Im just kidding. Whatever lifts your wing!!!(like whatever floats your boat... but better)

Possibly muffler-less

O-320 sounds just like an O-360 when it is the typical RV short stacks and no muffler.

This one had a particularly deep resonance. Not a Merlin but I think a small goose bump may have started to form on my arm when I realized it was a RV. ;)
A very low rumbling pitch compared to the usual Cessna that sound like they have a bearing going bad. :rolleyes: