RV7AJeremy

Well Known Member
Here is a shot in the dark; I am a USAF UPT instructor pilot and I have been looking into building a RV-7A or 9A and I cannot make a decision. I have absolutely no interest in flying aerobatics in my own airplane and the efficiency of the 9 has me drawn to it. However I have read that it is not as reactive on the controls as the 6,7,8. So here is my question, it there anyone in the vicinity of Columbus MS that would be willing to take me for a ride in a 9? I will obviously pay for gas ect, I just want to feel how the aircraft flys. I would also like to fly a 7 also. I have already bought all my tools and I am ready to buy the emp kit I just need to know which one. Thanks

Here is a shot in the dark; I am a USAF UPT instructor pilot and I have been looking into building a RV-7A or 9A and I cannot make a decision. I have absolutely no interest in flying aerobatics in my own airplane and the efficiency of the 9 has me drawn to it. However I have read that it is not as reactive on the controls as the 6,7,8. So here is my question, it there anyone in the vicinity of Columbus MS that would be willing to take me for a ride in a 9? I will obviously pay for gas ect, I just want to feel how the aircraft flys. I would also like to fly a 7 also. I have already bought all my tools and I am ready to buy the emp kit I just need to know which one. Thanks

Jeremy,
Wrong side of the State but if you can make it to the Air Show at Tallulah/Vicksburg (KTVR) on Saturday I can give you a ride in my 7A..

Mark

Consider a tail wheel. I doubt you'd ever regret it. For the record, the -9 is very agile and has a very nice roll rate. Just not as much as some other RVs.