mike newall

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I have 'lent' our RV8 tailwheel assembly to a buddy.

I have some options.....

Do I order a standard Van's tailwheel or are there better alternatives ?

We operate off tarmac and grass.

I have 'lent' our RV8 tailwheel assembly to a buddy.

I have some options.....

Do I order a standard Van's tailwheel or are there better alternatives ?

We operate off tarmac and grass.
What the heck is tarmac? ? ;)

There are lots of other very good tailwheel options available. Try an internet search for "rv-8 airplane accessories experimental" or something like that.

Regarding options on control, I personally used one of the early push-pull single-side linkages and have since gone back to pull-pull (tail lynx) due to reliability & maintenance issues. I know of a few folks who have had a few as well - some with off-road excursions related to possible loss of tailwheel control and they had the push-pull single link. Just my 2 cents after ~1600 hrs of RV tailwheel ops.

Last edited:
Wikipedia

Tarmac (short for tarmacadam, or tar-penetration macadam) is a type of road surfacing material patented by Edgar Purnell Hooley in 1901. The term is also used, with varying degrees of correctness, for a variety of other materials, including tar-grouted macadam, bituminous surface treatments, and even modern asphalt concrete.

Brian,

We have Tail Lynx on the 7 - I agree, very good.

I am sure Vince will be in touch soon.......;)

Oh - he has been !

I need a new Eat, Fly, Sleep T shirt, maybe I get one free if I order a tailwheel from him ?

Tarmac

If you would read all Jmacs articles you would know everything there is to know about tarmac. This month you could learn about watches.
Sorry, I just couldn't control myself.

Jdair

Mike

Check out JDair.com

There fork with sealed bearings looks really nice. I'm considering upgrading as I find I'm forever having to pull the fork out to grease it if I fly off wet grass.

I have also send you a PM regarding just a fork I have.

Peter