speed

For those building tailwheel aircraft or -A models to I guess. I mean to exclude no one. Would you like to have access to a place to rent tail wheel aircrafts to build time ? I know you guys are busy building so I appreciate your time in reading my question.

I am pondering the viability of setting up a tailwheel type club/business to rent one or two of the new Ledgend Aircraft cub aircrafts. Its no RV :cool: , just unique.

I believe I location has a lot to do with how many people would benefit from this type of venture - The short of it is some type of monthly dues and the ordinary rental type stuff.

Do you have an opinion to share on the following aspest. And yes, I like good and bad comments.

1. Location.
2. Rental rate for a LA3 (LSA) Cub.
3. I'm out of my mind.
4. Aircraft type.
5. No interest due to building efforts prevent interest.
- or not applicable.

Thank you.

Just for reference, Four Winds Aviation has a Legend Cub for rent at Aero Country (T31) for $125/hr. They do tail wheel and Sport Pilot training.

Great idea, but check with your insurance agent to see what happens to your rates when you start letting people rent it. :eek:

I drive 35 miles to stay in a flying club which has a citabria CHEAP. $54/hr wet and includes full insurance. $45K hull is $4800/yr in our club environment. YMMV

$125/hr for a Cub. Wow. The J-3 I maintain rents for $65. But we're in the middle of a cornfield in Indiana...

Yes, I am renting at Four Winds :) Since it is is the only cub on the rental market, I guess we have the ole supply and demand. I have a handle on the supply, just not the demand.

I might drive an hour for a citabria, which airport are you at?

I believe we have several flying clubs options, but most do not offer tail wheel experience / entertainment. I am looking for a place for those tail wheel enthusiast to have an option other than buying an aircraft or build their own.

I hope to help my insurance because we will only offer tail wheel aircraft. I do not believe that the average pilot will not be interested in my club, unless you really enjoy tail wheel operation. Purpose build organization.

.....I might drive an hour for a citabria, which airport are you at?......
I hope to help my insurance because we will only offer tail wheel aircraft. I do not believe that the average pilot will not be interested in my club, unless you really enjoy tail wheel operation. Purpose build organization.

If the citabria question is directed at me. I'm a bit outside of your 1 hour zone.....in Montana.;)

As far as your insurance, We use Avemco for our club. I'm fairly certain the word combination of: tailwheel and rental, will cause your insurance agent's blood pressure to shoot up. His only medicine for this condition is $$$ from you. If you mention tailwheel and primary instruction in the same sentence, you should have defib equipment standing by:D

we have 70 members in our club, 20 of which are only there for the tailwheel.

Wow..

$125.00/hour for a 100k airplane means that the insurance must be a gazillion dollars..
OUCH!