Rick6a

Well Known Member
Before the (fast approaching) end of 2006, I will be placing the fuselage order. I have a question about deleting the kit supplied tail wheel assembly. I will be replacing it with the Bell tailwheel. Exactly what do I delete from the fuselage kit order? Searching "The List", I came up with these two possibilities:
U FSTW-ASSY FULL SWIVEL TW ASSY $185.00
U FSTW-W/O SPRING FSTW RETRO FIT KIT $120.00

I suspect the first item is the likely part to omit, however I'm unclear what the second item is.

Are there any other parts not needed when using the Bell tailwheel? What part(s) should I delete from the fuselage kit order?

Hi Rick,

I'm not sure if Van breaks it down far enough to be able to omit anything. The way I see it, the full swivel tailwheel assembly would include the fixed part that bolts to the spring, the rotating part that holds the tailwheel, and the steering link arm on top. The Bell tailfork still uses the stock fixed portion, and the steering arm, and only replaces the rotating portion.

Bottom line is that I don't think you will be able to omit anything, unless you can find a lower level breakdown of the tailwheel parts.

Cheers,
Rusty

Bell Tailfork

Rick--I am sittying looking at Van's drwg. of his tailwheel assy #U FSTW-W/O SPRING that I rec'd with a new tailwheel assy about a year ago.
To assemble my fork with Vans assy, you remove his tailfork WD102 and axle bolt AN6-30, nut AN310-6, washer AN960-616.
You will need his Tailspring FSTW, U tailwheel 6", Mounting Adapter WD 101 assy, Key WD-102c, Spring LC-023-11M

I hope this helps, Doug Sr.

DougBellSr said:
Rick--I am sitting looking at Van's drwg. of his tailwheel assy................
Thanks Doug,

I 'll just keep the ordering process uncomplicated......looking forward to receiving your tailwheel upgrade when the times comes......no big hurry as you can guess.

Happy Holidays,