robertahegy

Moderator/Tech Counselor
I packed up my old nose gear leg and sent it in to Van's for match drilling of my new leg. I already have the new fork and wheel pant brackets and will be working on those items during the turn around.

Removing the leg was easier than I feared. I have two wing jacks, so getting the plane up high enough to clear the leg was easy.

The crate I made was 12" by 48" made from 1/4" plywood and 1 X 3" pine furring. I could have made the crate smaller but I was too lazy to do too much cutting. 10 x43" would have sufficed. It was lined with foam and assembled with dry wall screws.

Here are some pics. Anyone needing a shot of how I did something under the cowl should let me know now before I close things up in a few weeks.

Roberta

leg1wy5.jpg

leg2tc5.jpg

how nice of you to ask

i would like to see the firewall penetrations. i have looked at some in spruce but they are higher than camel snot.http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/stainless_penetration.php figure i need two at least. my box was 9.5 x43 and when i had to pay 50$ to ship i wished i had used 2x2 instead of 2x4s

just noticed, your supposed to ship it to langair....unless vans is match drilling it for you.

Last edited: