rfchisholm

I've completed my initial empennage kit. I've removed the VS, rudder and stabilator and neatly/safely stored them away above the garage door. Now I'm trying to figure out the best way to store the tailcone to free up my work space in preparation for the wing kit. I've got plenty of room at the ceiling of my garage, and have thoughts of hoisting it up into the open space. I've seen others store canoes up into these spaces. I'm considering some sort of pulley/rope contraption.

Has anyone done something like this? Can you provide me with some advice / direction? What is the weight of the tailcone? (I need to know weight as I select anchors, ropes, pulleys, etc...

Thanks in advance.

Just weighed my tailcone

Hi Ron,
If you suspend the tailcone you will probably put a strap around it at the fwd former and suspend it there, as well as by the tail end. My rough scales showed 8 pounds on the tail and 20 pounds at the fwd former when lifted at these points. As you have probably discovered, you can list the tailcone with one hand if put a strap around it.
Rod