Larry, in this case I am dealing with solid rivets to be set with the rivet squeezer, not puller. The shims are of no use here. I cannot get the yoke in position to squeeze these rivets unless I miss something.

Possible...

Those can be reached with the Avery 3" and dies supplied.

Tony

As I recall . . .

Had to cheat a little on those. Think I used a punch. If you have the factory head on a solid object, you can use a punch to set them. Go slow, and you can make them look good.

John Bender

Larry, in this case I am dealing with solid rivets to be set with the rivet squeezer, not puller. The shims are of no use here. I cannot get the yoke in position to squeeze these rivets unless I miss something.

Ah! Sorry about that. I thought you meant the rivet puller.

I'm pretty sure I used the 3" on those. Have you tried reversing the dies?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Yes, those are reachable with the 3" yoke. Try reversing the dies, you will be surprised. The cupped die on one side or the other does make a difference in certain situations.

Yes, I squeezed these with the Avery tool. The outer ones can be reached from the outside of the bulkhead, you might have to swap the dies for better clearance. The two inner ones I believe I got at through the center hole if I remember correctly.
After squeezing my way through this bulkhead I decided to get a pneumatic rivet squeezer...

Right on target!

You are right! The two center holes can be reached through the central hole and the outer ones can be reached form the sides. It is so tight that after a try I gave up. Thanks a lot guys, you are the best! Why build anything else than an RV?