MartySantic

Well Known Member
Page 10-02, Step 10. Had a bear of a time squeezing the AN470 rivets that attach the F-1210 frame, angle and plate together. The yoke on the squeezer just plain interfered with the pieces, no matter the dies chosen. Finally got it done BUT there must be an easier way.

Please let me know how you set these rivets for future reference, short of spending $150 for the yoke......

I think the longeron yoke from Avery, Part 7755, would have eliminated this problem. Is it worth buying?

Last edited:
I don't remember that being difficult other than the rivets seemed a tad long and wanted to lay over when squeezing them. If that is the problem, you might want to shorten them alittle before squeezing them.

You are going to need a 3" reach yoke anyway to reach the rivets when you assemble the aft bulkhead. Make sure you read and understand the orination of the aft bulk head parts. I got it on the 3rd try. :rolleyes:

I have the 3" yoke and did not have any problems with that one. Anthough on a few of the Aft bulkhead inner rivets, I removed one of the dies positioned my squeezer and then re-incerted the die.

Folks,

Ignore my question. I looked at the parts again and am wondering why I tried to rivet the parts by placing the squeezer from the outside flange of the frame over the two angles. If I had placed the squeezer over the inner flange of the frame there would not have been any problem. The 3" yoke would have worked just fine.

JUST was NOT thinking!!!!! I feel so stupid...... Must be the primer fumes.

Last edited:
If you can go for it!

Page 10-02, Step 10. Had a bear of a time squeezing the AN470 rivets that attach the F-1210 frame, angle and plate together. The yoke on the squeezer just plain interfered with the pieces, no matter the dies chosen. Finally got it done BUT there must be an easier way.

Please let me know how you set these rivets for future reference, short of spending $150 for the yoke......

I think the longeron yoke from Avery, Part 7755, would have eliminated this problem. Is it worth buying?

I bought Avery's longeron Yoke so I could rivet up my dad's Skyote spars, it worked great, then I took it home and found myself using it every so often on my RV6 project. I am glad that I have it and found it very useful.

If you dont want to spend for new, start a WTB thread for used one, out of all these RV'ers there has to be someone who has one left from their project and would sell it for a reasonable price.