Pin 21

Can anybody tell me what their aircraft weighed on the tailwheel in the 3 point position ? I did a rough check on mine on the weekend in the 3 point position and it looks like I might have a big problem:mad:

Don't know why you would weigh it in the 3-point position, but mine weighs 75 pounds in the level position if that helps.

Mine weights about 70 level. Don't know exactly in the 3 point position but do know it is quite a bit more. Why do you think you have a problem?

Avg weight

There is a sticky where lots of folks have posted their tailwheel weights. Seems like most are in the 70's. With CS prop and empty weight, mine is 56#. With Catto prop and full fuel, it goes up to 74#. Mine is a -9 so will differ some.

Why do you think you have a problem?

I did a quick check without jacking the aircraft and the tailwheel weight is approx 115 lb in the 3 point attitude,that is the reason I asked if anybody knew the weight in that position, I have seen the sticky with tailwheel weights in the level attitude and I have started to panic :eek:

level and reweight

Level plane then reweight just the tailwheel. I bet it comes back to the 70's.

49 lbs - Weighed while level, canopy closed, O-360, Catto prop, etc.

Oh, and this is an RV-9.

I'd like to know the load on the tailwheel in the 3-point attitude, too.

I'll ratio it back to my RV-3B (still in progress) and use it for figuring various ground-handling things.

Dave

Tail wheel wt

RV-6 level attitude, canopy closed, fixed pitch was 66# at the tail wheel. Total was 999#.

Thanks Bill Dicus, thats what I was looking for, I want to compare apples with apples, looks like I might have a problem because mine was 114 lb in 3 point attitude. I will be getting it officially weighed in about a week, then I will know what it is in the level attitude, but it looks like it is going to be heavy when compared to yours. :(