Berchmans

Well Known Member
I have a stock Van's tail wheel that I received with my finish kit. It is my understanding that the thickness of the hub assembly from outside to outside at the bearing face should be 2.25 inches. Mine is 2.4 inches. I have inspected the the assembly closely and it appears to be fine. I have talked with Vans and they could not offer a reason for the apparent difference...has anyone else encountered this other than maybe the bearings weren't fully seated. I checked and they are.

I ask because I have a Bell Tail Wheel fork and with the standard bushings supplied it will not fit. Mr. Bell called me about this problem and is sending me some replacement bushings, what outstanding service.

I am simply trying to determine if this is a unique issue with the tail wheel I have or if it has been encountered by others...

Plot thickens

Arnie,
I passed you name on the Mr. Bell concerning the issue...hope to hear more from others.

Throw the heavier, greasier Van's tire away and get one of ours. It will last 2x (or more) as long, and won't sling grease. Much lighter too... about 5-6 ounces.

2 1/4" hub width should fit Bell's, Van's, or our tailwheel fork without problems.

Vince