tail lynx cable slack

I tried two different set-ups. First, I made it so the cables were just barely tight with no weight on the tail. When on the ground, the tail spring bends enough that the cables are fairly slack.

I wanted less slack, so I made a second set of tabs about 3/16" shorter. I found that I had only a small amount of slack on the ground, which I liked, but in the air, the cables are tight, and I was concerned about long-term wear and fatigue on the lower rudder hinge from having that steady pull on the bottom of the rudder.

I switched to the single-link system.

Looks like mine.

Your installation looks like mine. You'll find that the rudder has enough athority that the slack never comes into play. I pretty much only rely on the tail wheel steering for slow speed operations. Others may disagree but it works well for me.

I like mine slack as well. Originally I got em too tight. Had to order new parts.

I have mine just taught enough on the ground that I can get the TW to unlock when a good kick is given to spin her around.

Another positive of some slack is that you can touch down with some rudder for crosswinds and the TW can still be straight.