flickroll

Well Known Member
Is there an easy way to adjust the length of the Tail Lynx tail spring link? This is in a previously flying aircraft that I am reassembling. They appear too be sloppy loose (not good!). The only way I can make them less sloppy (tight) is to put one link of the assembly on the TOP of the rudder horn, and put the other end on the BOTTOM of the tail wheel arm which effectively lengthens it. I have a picture of how it was when it came off the airplane and it was installed opposite to this. Should it be checked with weight off the tail rod, or does that matter? Thanks and Happy Easter to all.

Order new tangs from Tail Lynx

Is there an easy way to adjust the length of the Tail Lynx tail spring link? This is in a previously flying aircraft that I am reassembling. They appear too be sloppy loose (not good!). The only way I can make them less sloppy (tight) is to put one link of the assembly on the TOP of the rudder horn, and put the other end on the BOTTOM of the tail wheel arm which effectively lengthens it. I have a picture of how it was when it came off the airplane and it was installed opposite to this. Should it be checked with weight off the tail rod, or does that matter? Thanks and Happy Easter to all.

You can do as you noted or you can order new tangs and remake them shorter. I prefer a "sloppy" loose tail wheel myself but others like them tight. A poll was done a couple months ago and it was 50/50 on who liked em loose and who liked em tight. Do a search and you can see the never ending debate.