2bolts

Well Known Member
today. The smaller box was damaged but things were so well packed everything is fine.

Did the inventory, all there.

Just have to sort out tools, a workbench, something to keep cool in the heat.

Sweet!

Good on ya' Brit! Glad to hear you are in the metal! Let the build begin! So tell me, do you have a build site! I need pictures!:D

Cool!

Hey Roger......that is awesome!!! Welcome to the USA:) I assume you are building a -8....-7....???:confused:

Anyway....its an RV:D Remember not to use metric conversions while completing the project.....cuz it won't be able to fly in our USA airspace system and you will have to rebuild the entire airplane:D:D:D:D::eek::eek::eek:

Seriously...best wishes!!!

YOL BOLSON!!!!

Becoming very real

Let's see...that was about three weeks from when you ordered, right? I'll keep that in mind when I'm ready to order.

Have fun Roger!

LIke an accountant (though I'm not one) I inventoried every sub-kit and every hardware bag when they arrived. Vans accuracy and quality control is nothing short of astounding; they should teach it to other companies. Through my entire build I came up short 2 Tinnerman washers, and 2 #8 screws. Everything else was spot-on. Amazing in this day and age. :D

Thanks Jim,

I've not thought about a website TBH, dunno what to do with that.
I'll e-mail you pics though.

Bob, sorry I didn't think to include the type in my sig, I'm building an 8.

K.C. Three weeks?? No, much faster than that. Let me explain. I orignally ordered the pre plans thinking I'd order the empannage for the 8 later. But I had second thoughts that as I was going to build anyway I might as well just order the tail kit. So I did. At this time I'd sent two checks in the post, (the second the deposit for the tail kit), both of these were in the mail at the time of our course.

The first check cleared my account but the second did nothing, it seems the second was lost in the mail and I cancelled it.

I resent a check for the tail kit, four days after mailing Van's called saying that the tail kit was in stock and how did I want to pay the remainder?

I finalised payment using plastic over the phone, they shipped the following day and it arrived Friday. So technically once I'd made the final payment to ship it was three days!! Pretty fast by anyones standards I think. I'm sure the other kits will take longer.

Terry, I have to say I did the same, counted everything except rivets. Nothing missing all there, bolts, washers, nuts, etc. As you say in this day and age impressive.

Pics

Roger,

I am just beginning also. I am starting the tail soon....but getting a couple things in basement ready first.

I bought Kitlog Pro 2 to keep my builders log (for FAA req)....it seems to work well! Keeps the log entries and post pics. Click on the link below in my signature area and you can check it out....I am still developing it.

Introductions...

Let me introduce you two "Skyking Bob - meet Roger, Roger, this is Bob..."

Bob, Roger is a new "-8" buddy of mine - we met at the sportair builders workshop... a nice Brit that lives in San Antonio. Probably going to be one of the few pilots that are bigger than me :D

Roger, Bob is a new "-8" buddy of mine too - as of a few months ago via this forum. We have been discussing the finer points of life, politics, and all things "RV". A great guys that lives in Virginia - who periodically comes to the Dallas area for work - hopefully we can get together and meet in person next time he visits. :D

I also see KC in the room... Bob, KC is also a new RV-buddy of mine - he was also at the Sportair workshop! A great guy who lives up here in my neck of the woods. He and his wife are building a -10...so with his wife and possibly father (in-law?) - he should done 3x as fast :D

Man - I love this site :cool:

Roger,

I am just beginning also. I am starting the tail soon....but getting a couple things in basement ready first.

I bought Kitlog Pro 2 to keep my builders log (for FAA req)....it seems to work well! Keeps the log entries and post pics. Click on the link below in my signature area and you can check it out....I am still developing it.

Bob that is some basement! I'll have a look at Kitlog Pro 2, thanks for suggesting. Your site looks as though it might work for me.

Hey Roger......that is awesome!!! Welcome to the USA:) I assume you are building a -8....-7....???:confused:

Anyway....its an RV:D Remember not to use metric conversions while completing the project.....cuz it won't be able to fly in our USA airspace system and you will have to rebuild the entire airplane

I have to go back to using inches????????? Oh No! only kidding:D I still remember inshes........Just:eek:

Jim the VAF ambassador!

Jim.....thanks for the intro....and introducing me to KC & Roger (love that Brit name....on Great Escape....Battle of the Bulge....it is the iconic Hollywood Brit name:D)

You are getting quite a network out there Jim!

YOL BOLSON to ALL!

Glad to hear it arrived intact. I'm in and out of town through November, so I may order my tail to arrive before the end of the year. Just so I can say that I started this year. I'll be in SA for a day or two this fall, so I'll let you know when.

Glad to hear it arrived intact. I'm in and out of town through November, so I may order my tail to arrive before the end of the year. Just so I can say that I started this year. I'll be in SA for a day or two this fall, so I'll let you know when.

Delivery of the tail was pretty quick John, once the final payment was made. Three days. You'll like it when you see it. Be a nice Xmas present for you.

Yeah let me know when you're in town.