thomasyost

Does the orientation in the picture look correct for the shear clip?

I ask because the clip marked left is on the right to fit as shown later in the plans.

What is the purpose of a "shear clip"?

349auk4.jpg

Last edited:
Are you using the latest revision? I remember something being miss labeled in this area. If I remember right follow the drawing for orination, not the part number. I know I sent Vans a detailed e-mail about this, but it must still be there. If you are using the latest revision send them an e-mail about it.

I'm not sure why they call it a shear clip. It attached to the fuse assembly when you connect the two.

Your picture is correct

I attached my tail cone to the fuselage on friday and your picture is correct. The 90 bends points inboard... section 24-04 shows this.

Thanks for the responses. :)

I will send an email to Van's indicating that the labeling in Figure 4 on 10-03 (9/25/08) may be reversed.

It was a good thing I just checked on the latest revisions. I found that a couple pages in this section that were published just after I picked up my kit.

Last edited:
A shear clip transfers the out-of-plane loads that go from the panel into that stringer, to whatever the clip is attached to.