nothing to do with ignition type-

My set up is one Slick and One Lightspeed, will the Vans tacho transducer (Part Number = IE VTACHGEN 2) work for this set up (reading through GRT-EIS4000) or do I need an alternative?

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=39676&highlight=tacho+transducer

The Vans VTACHGEN 2 transducer is taken out off the accessory case from the mechanical drive Port. GRT pickup may also work with this: Has nothing to do with ignition choice though. The GRT manuals leave many questions-maybe call em up- hope that helps....

That one works just fine with GRT's EIS... I have the same thing, but with the 12" extension cable (also available from Van's)... no issues.. works as expected..

Mag drop

Thanks guys, does it pick up the Mag drop from the GRT and Slick? I'm sure I read somewhere that I needed to do something with the set up to get both mag readings but I can't remember what I read!:(

You do not need to do anything.. this reads RPMs right off of the engine (camshaft rotation), and doesn't care which ignition is on...

PS.. You'll need the one with 12" extension if you have an angle oil filter adapter.. (or a vacuum pump)

Thanks as well

I'm at the point where I need to think about firewall forward wiring and plumbing and I plan on using a GRT EIS 4000 system on my plane. This post was quite insightful for me as well.