prkaye

Well Known Member
Thanks to all who have posted great tips and references to help me understand the electrical system. The pieces are are coming together in my mind and my confidence in this aspect is much higher.

Now I have a similar challenge to understand the engine-related systems. I've read parts of the Bingelis firewall-forward and engines books, but again these are mostly detailed tips on performing installation. I also have the Orndoff systems video, which is very nice, but again is really about how to install actual hardware on the RV itself. What I want first is a high-level overview (maybe a block diagram?) of how the engine, fuel system, oil system, exaust, etc etc all fits together in a typical small aircraft.

Any suggested reading?

Phil,
Same issue here - I did like the Sacramento Sky Ranch manual - mega detail on engines and problems that can occur, maintenancem etc. I was disappointed with the Bingelis line - just a loose collection of articles (though good info), and it reads as such. I probably got the most from watching a Lycoming O-360 teardown and build-up over 2 days by a Mattituck master mechanic at Oshkosh - while I know how these engines operate, I was able to learn how and where the various accessories attach, options in the intake, carb vs FI, etc.
Carl

Vans FWF Drawings

HI Paul,

If you go with a standard set up (Lycoming) - the Vans FWF diagrams are really pretty good - they are essentially big assy drawings. They made sense to me, but I still had the local gurus look every thing over a few times. Can't be too careful FWF.

You can request pics of specific areas - the forum always came thru for me.

Weather has been bad since you left - I blame you for it ;)

Hey Pete,
sorry about the weather... over here it's felt like fall has come early. Supposed to be warm today though.
Where can i find Vans' drawings?
P.

FWF Kits

Vans might sell just the plans - or I could find mine and send them off to you if you want - would want them back at some time.

Somebody here might have them digitized - that would be the easiest answer.

Just let me know.