yankee-flyer

Well Known Member
OK, where do I get a 35cc syringe needed for checking the pitot-static system without a prescription or a note to my local druggie?

Thanks

Wayne 120241

I found the syringe at the local farm supply store, but, could not get a good seal. Ended up using a blood pressure bulb/hose. The bulb was nice cause it has a valve on the end to adjust the pressure. A chapter member had one just for this type of testing.

Apparently your wife doesn't have any horses. You are a very lucky guy. All the above replies are right on . Go to Tractor Supply or most any Feed Store for horses.
Dick

I used hypodermic syringes to inject blueberries with alcohol for a cake I was making years ago. I just asked the pharmacist and they sold them to me. (Same with non-needle liquid syringes.)

Looks like amazon.com, Petco, etc sell the one's you need, online too.

Alternative to a syringe

You might try this trick I have used on other homebuilts. Get some 1/4" ID tubing about 3' long and fill it with about 1/3 water. Slip one end over the static or pitot tube and raise or lower the free end to create a vacuum or slight pressure.

Welcome to VAF!!!!

Rich, welcome to VAF.

Good idea about the liquid/tubing.

You could even rig it up with a height scale, and shut off valve, and have a simple manometer.

What have you built in the past???

Send me your address

I have a closet full of them at work. I'll stick one in the mail for you. What kind of tip do you need?

Bill Near

I keep praying

The wife's horse will die..I could afford a bigger house and an RV10 then!

Frank