rwarre

Well Known Member
Trying to figure how to wire my taxi/landing lights using a 2-10 switch. Do I put two wires together (left/right) for the taxi light, and two wires together for the landing lights (also left/right)? The 2 and 5 terminal will be hot from the power source, the lower position will be off, middle position taxi, and up position taxi and landing lights.

The following link on the Aeroelectric connection has the information that you need for understanding the 2-10 switch.

http://www.aeroelectric.com/articles.html

Scroll down to the "How it Works"About section and look for the topic that reads:

Over the years, AeroElectric Connection drawings have depicted a mixture of progressive transfer switches by Honeywell-MicroSwitch and Carling (who makes the S700-Series switches stocked at B&C). ....

The click here link in this will take get you a document that you can download that has the details for the 2-10 switch, and a lot of other helpful data on switches in general.

Hope this helps.

Read the article

I think I have a good idea of how the 2-10 switch works and have tested the switch with my taxi/landing light on the left wingtip connected. It seems that the only way to have both landing or both taxi lights working at the same time is to connect them to the same terminal. Anyone have Vans taxi and landing light with a 2-10 switch?