Gizmos

Has anyone wired a switch on the panel to allow the disconnection of the copilot's switches on their stick? This would take away the chance of someone disconnecting or changing the trim on a cross country flight . If so, how would you do it without a ton of switches.?

I'd say, "I don't care where we are, if you touch those switches I'm gonna land, kick you out, and keep going. Got it?"

No extra switches needed at all. :D

- mark

I have one on my (not yet flying) rv-6A. The switch goes between the airplane ground and the ground side of each switch. One 'enable' switch handles all of the switches on the copilot stick.

Don't fly with anyone who touches your stick without asking first.

(kind of goes for people you sleep with too)

On side-by-sides, I think this isn't much of an issue, as you can reach over and smack the offending passenger. For tandems, I think it's a great idea, especially if you have trim on the stick.

I have one on my (not yet flying) rv-6A. The switch goes between the airplane ground and the ground side of each switch. One 'enable' switch handles all of the switches on the copilot stick.

This is exactly what I did for my copilot side Infinity grip. I brought all the switch negative wires to a common guarded on-off toggle mounted on the pilot side of the fuel valve cover. The toggle's other terminal is connected to a local ground point on the main spar. Closing the switch enables the copilot stick pitch/roll trim, flaps, PTT, radio flip, and autopilot activate/deactivate button.

http://www.mykitlog.com/users/display_log.php?user=scrollf4&project=879&category=8130&log=205591&row=1

Works like a charm.

Last edited:
Yes, put a toggle switch just above my fuel selector to disconnect the ground to the switches on the copilot infinity stick. Call it my grandson switch. Will post a photo if I can find one.