rv9aviator

Well Known Member
I plan on using switches on my Tosten grip to operate the flaps and trim. Should I also put switches on the panel to do the same in case the passenger is also a pilot? I don't plan on having dual Tosten grips.

I plan on using switches on my Tosten grip to operate the flaps and trim. Should I also put switches on the panel to do the same in case the passenger is also a pilot? I don't plan on having dual Tosten grips.

As for your trim I would say that is a completely personal decision. One thing to consider though is if you do install trim switches on the passenger side you will have to also install relays. I have the Ray Allen grips and at least for those you do not need trim relays if you are using only one grip.

As for the flaps...well....you're going to need a relay to operate them through the stick anyway so why not put another switch on the panel?

My plane is setup with trim switches on the right side panel. Works well, as some pilot friends and I have both flown the plane from right and left seats.
I have right side brakes also.

L.Adamson --- Rv6A

jim

I like my trim on the stick. But a flap switch on the panel somewhere handy is all that you need.

Then you can eliminate the relay and keep it simple.

The right hand is not all that buzy on final that you can't hit the flap handle.

JMHO

keep the passenger stick simple...

there is great utility in being able to remove or install the passenger stick simply and easily. if you really want access for a co-pilot panel mounted switches can act as a backup. the vp-50 that i am installing has indicators and back up pitch control built in.

Flap switch between throttle and mixture...

...works great. With your hand on the throttle you can easily reach up with your index finger to flip it up or down. I used a momentary switch.