129TG

I am in the middle of wiring my panel and have a question that some of you with more knowledge can possibly help. I have a carburetor engine (O360) that has a primer solenoid system. I have a boost pump that will pre-charge the fuel system prior to starting. I was thinking of using a switch that would turn on the boost pump and then have a momentary position to discharge the primer if needed. Does this makes sense? If so which switch would work? A 1-5 or a 2-51? When using either of these switches will the boost pump turn off when momentarily opening the primer? Does the boost pump need to be off or on continuously while cranking, taxiing and takeoff? Any help on this? Thanks

2TL1-50

I have a set up similar to what you are planning. I have a 3 position toggle switch (off-on-mom) for the boost pump and primer solenoid. I put the switch in the "on" position to turn on the boost pump and then if I want to activate the solenoid, I hold the switch in the "momentary" position. In the mom position both the pump and solenoid are energized.

The only difference is that my primer solenoid is not for a priming system (I didn't bother to install a primer for my carburated engine). I use the solenoid as a purge valve to pump hot fuel back to one tank when the weather is real hot.

The switch is a Honeywell 2TL1-50.

Follow-up

Thanks Rick for the reply. I did some follow-up and spoke with the people from B&C and found that the 2-51 switch is a progressive switch and will suit this need perfectly. The switch has the normal configuration of being off with the toggle down. Move to the middle and the pump will come on. Moving the switch to the upper momentary position will activate the solenoid and prime the motor all the while the boost pump will continue to be on. T.J. with B&C was a well of information and very willing to assist me in determining the solution.

I have a set up similar to what you are planning. I have a 3 position toggle switch (off-on-mom) for the boost pump and primer solenoid. I put the switch in the "on" position to turn on the boost pump and then if I want to activate the solenoid, I hold the switch in the "momentary" position. In the mom position both the pump and solenoid are energized.

The only difference is that my primer solenoid is not for a priming system (I didn't bother to install a primer for my carburated engine). I use the solenoid as a purge valve to pump hot fuel back to one tank when the weather is real hot.

The switch is a Honeywell 2TL1-50.
I like this setup but...

I used a breaker-switch to turn on my fuel pump and since my panel is finished, I really don't want to scatter switches over the place. Does anyone one make a breaker-switch that has a third momentary position like Rick describes?