bhester

Well Known Member
Patron
Today I met up with the Evansville, IN boys, EAA 21 and flew up to Purdue University Airport, Lafayette, IN for a visit to the Swift Fuel (100LL replacement fuel) Research Lab. Neat Stuff. Here are the pictures with remarks. I think there were about 16-18 of us. 247 statue miles each way, 1.5 hrs each way. Sure beats flying around the pattern! They'll be at Sun-n-fun look'em up!
http://picasaweb.google.com/bobbyhesterKY/SwiftFuel#

Any feedback on the status of that fuel? I just read (maybe AvWeb) that we may be getting strong pressure to reduce or eliminate 100LL from the EPA or similar agency.

We visited there last year on a trip to Indiana. Great folks, but there is a great deal of uncertainty as to whether such an enterprise can be profitable.

I wish them success, and hope our fuel prices drop to $1 / gal. But I'm not holding my breath...

:(

Could be a long time

It all sounded good but I think there would be a lot of road blocks that will continue to get in their way. It just seems that a small company like that would have to have a lot of big backers and just the right people to get something like that to actually come about.