RV7AJeremy

Well Known Member
I am staying in SW (Altus) Oklahoma for a while and feel the urge to burn some gas! Anyone have any recommendations for a cool place to fly to within an hours flight? Looking for a Sunday morning breakfast somewhere. :D

Stearman Field 1K1

I am staying in SW (Altus) Oklahoma for a while and feel the urge to burn some gas! Anyone have any recommendations for a cool place to fly to within an hours flight? Looking for a Sunday morning breakfast somewhere. :D

Check out Stearman Field (1K1) in the Wichita, KS area. Nice bar and grill right on the field with a Sunday morning breakfast buffet. www.stearmanbarandgrill.com. Looks like a 1:11 flight from Altus at 160 kts.

If you end up coming and want some company, my wife and I would welcome the opportunity to meet you. I bet I could scare up another RVer or two on the field as well. PM if interested.

I used to go up to the little cafe on the field at Norman, great all you can eat breakfast.

I second both Stearman and Norman. Be advised though Norman is cash only. Also Ponca City (KPNC) has a great fly in breakfast the first Sat of every month that is always well attended.

Thanks for the recommendations. Flew up to Stearman and had a wonderful time with fellow VAFers! Love this community!

Hey Jeremy it was great to meet you today. Thanks for flying up, and thank you for your service to our country!