stobaygo

I'm New Here
If anyone has an RV-4 near ksrq (or even remotely close) that they wouldn't mind me sitting in to get a feel for the size, please send me a pm.

I'm not looking for a ride, I'm 6' 1" and 195lbs, and want to make sure I'll fit comfortably in a 4 before I start looking at them for purchase.

I am up in Kissimmee, Fl and I just completed a -4. I am 6'5" and 205lbs. Mine has the roll bar moved aft, and I have the rudder peddles adjusted all the way forward. I fit fine! However, that said... These are home built aircraft, and just as you would build one to fit you, so did the original builder. Some will fit you better than others, some will be easy to modify, and others not so much. I will be home after the 6th and if its not too far, I'd be happy to let you try mine on for size. (KISM airport)

fit?

Can't help much since I will not be back south (PGD) until Nov. but I can say that I am 5' 11" and 180 lbs and I have room to spare up front. Lots of headroom with plush foam seats. You should be ok.
Back seat is cozier for sure.

If anyone has an RV-4 near ksrq (or even remotely close) that they wouldn't mind me sitting in to get a feel for the size, please send me a pm.

I'm not looking for a ride, I'm 6' 1" and 195lbs, and want to make sure I'll fit comfortably in a 4 before I start looking at them for purchase.

How about some Sebring breakfast RV-4 guys. Anyone going to KSEB next Weds. (or the week after) I can get Sean there if his schedule permits.

Sean, If you need a ride to an airport to check out a -4 before the middle of August, just let me know.

RV-4 Fit

I'd let you sit in mine but to far away in Stanley(CCW4) Nova Scotia Canada. Like the guys were saying, you will fit better in some than others depending on the seat and rudder pedals. I'm 6'1" and 212lbs and I fit like a glove. You shouldn't have any problem with your height and weight.

If it doesn't fit, you must acquit!

I purchased my RV-4 used. I am 6'1" and 195 lbs. Everyone told me that I would fit. I didn't. Now I don't know if the original builder customized the location of the roll bar/front seat/rudder padels, but I moved the seat back about 2 inches. I didn't move the roll bar. The top of the seat now is sunk into the roll bar space, but with the cushion, I do not touch the roll bar. I also had Oregon Aero seats and I removed half of the padding of the backrest.
The biggest problem that I encountered was the geometry of my feet and the rudder pedals/brakes. My knees were originally bent about 90 degrees. That made my feet lean forward, and I had a tendency to inadvertently touch the brakes. I added rudder bar extenders from JD Parts, and I extended the brake pedal horn so now the brake pedals lean forward instead of being almost straight up. I now fit "comfortably", or as comfortable as you can get in a RV-4.
Jim
N444JT

im out of town right now but my 4 is at page in fort myers.

bob burns
rv4 N82RB
Sounds like that may be the closest. If you don't mind, let me know when you're back. I'd love to come down whenever is convenient for you.

How about some Sebring breakfast RV-4 guys. Anyone going to KSEB next Weds. (or the week after) I can get Sean there if his schedule permits.

Sean, If you need a ride to an airport to check out a -4 before the middle of August, just let me know.
Thanks Gary, I'll let you know. I always have access to the rentals for now, but the RV is a way better way to fly.