MikeyDale

Well Known Member
I have almost finished installing my Dynon Sky View system. Being the tight wad I am, I decided to build my network cables. I did buy one 15'er to go from the SV hub behind the baggage compartment up to my panel. It was 2' too long but I didnt want to cut it. The extra 2' has been bothering me for weeks trying to make my wiring runs neat. Then, I realized today I was short one 2' network cable........Yes, I cut that 2' off and made the cable I needed out of it adding a D-Subs to the cut ends.....I'm sure someone has posted this before but If I had to do it all over again, I would buy one 30' Dynon network cable and build all my cables from it. :(

I built all mine from scratch except for the Ethernet cable connecting the two displays. Dynon publishes the pinout, it's not difficult.

Learning that a normal human could make those Dynon cables and d-subs was one of the more rewarding parts of the wiring and avionics build. Took a lot a practice and scrapped bits, though.

IMG_2592.JPG

I split up a long SV network cable into multiple shorter ones. I used several of the DB-9 network hubs to simplify all of the connections. Makes it really easy to connect everything.