TShort

Well Known Member
Just wondering what others are experiencing in terms of response time with email support from Van's.

I sent an email a week ago but no response. Wondering if this is typical or if I should resend.

There was a note about web site downtime last Thurs night, and I sent the email late that night. It did not bounce back.

Support

It varies. I know e-mail goes into an electronic bin so it's not available to the staff till the following morning. I've gotten responses I two days and waited several. When it took more than three, I sent another and got a response. Good luck.

I've always got quicker response by calling. Email responses seemed to be hit or miss. Sometimes I got a quick response, but usually it took a few days.

I got into the habit of emailing photos, then calling. When they asked to see a photo, my response was that is was already in the queue. This allowed us to continue the conversation with the tech on the phone.

24+ hours is typical

They've been pretty good so far. I never expect a response sooner than 24 hours. Send Mon. early morning, hear back by early Tues. afternoon. Send late Fri. or on the weekend, don't count on a reply until Tues. morning because Sat. and Sun. don't count. Only once did I resend an email.

BTW, I never send a follow-up "thank you" email to Support. It's just one more email they have to open up and that much less time they have to get their work done.

Call. I've sent a few e-mails over the years and I never got a response. When I call I always get an answer.

I sent an e-mail to the info 'at' vans....
sent: 2:30pm 2/18
response: 6:15am 2/19

My repsonse: 12:45pm 2/19
van's response: 1:45pm 2/19

Seemed pretty good to me. Also note, this was for kit pricing, not tech support.

Last edited:
I've always got quicker response by calling. Email responses seemed to be hit or miss. Sometimes I got a quick response, but usually it took a few days.

I got into the habit of emailing photos, then calling. When they asked to see a photo, my response was that is was already in the queue. This allowed us to continue the conversation with the tech on the phone.

+1 Photos followed by the call usually works, sometimes they have been assigned and are not accessible. A quick forward to the techs direct email worked well too.

Thanks for the feedback ... I'll call later today.

I've been away from the project ... last time I really used tech support was ~2005, and I always called back then. Wasn't sure if email was preferred now...

Just wondering what others are experiencing in terms of response time with email support from Van's.

I sent an email a week ago but no response. Wondering if this is typical or if I should resend.

There was a note about web site downtime last Thurs night, and I sent the email late that night. It did not bounce back.

Have you checked your spam filter?
It is a common cause of not seeing a reply.