db8

Well Known Member
I have the newer Superior sump (was a replacement from the recall). I am going to put a mixture and throttle bracket on the bottom towards the front where the two holes are on each side. A 1/4"-28 bolt won't fit, and a 1/4"-20 seems too loose (though not by much). Does anybody recall what size bolts they used? Thank you. Dave

what I did

Hi Dave, I did the same thing for my bracket. I got stainless steel bolts from the local hardware store (so whatever the common thread is is what worked). I also drilled the heads with a 1/16 bit so I could safety wire them to each other.

Stainless Steel

How many 1/16" bits did you go through to get the holes in the bolt heads? SSteel is very strong and I can't believe you were able to do that. I tried a different 1/4-20 and it seems to fit a little tighter, so I'm sure that's the required bolt. Anybody know where one can purchase any of the 1/4-20s with a hole in the head? Thanks. Dave

drilling was surprisingly easy

I bought 4 packages of 2 bits and I still have 2 packages unopened. I used the drill press on slow with a bit of oil and moderate pressure. I broke one but then it went fairly quickly