Foghorn

Well Known Member
How are you folks attaching the throttle to the superior sump? Are you making you’re own? I have the SDS throttle body with a vertical lever to attach the cable. Show Planes makes a nice bracket but my vans cable is just a little short. The SP bracket is more for the ACS cables. I’m wondering what others have done.

Last edited:
nice bracket

I bought one of the brackets from Showplanes.

https://www.showplanes.com/index.php?app=ecom&ns=prodshow&ref=TMC-04S

Not installed yet, but it looks clean and they were super helpful.
Looks great - I rolled my own, but this showplanes bracket looks really nice.

TMC-04S%20installed.jpg

Very nice indeed

I also fabricated my own. Looks not as good as the showplanes solution but it is pretty much the same idea.
Aluminum triangle with numerous lightening holes, attached with 4 (saftey wired) bolts in the fwd intake tube/manifold.
I riveted some aluminum angle to it where i attach the cables to.

The price for the showplanes bracket is allright.
I would probably have ordered one of those if they would have been available when i needed it.

Looked at a few options and ended up fabricating one to fit, it's not that difficult.

I used a combination of the Van's bracket and a custom plate like Jason's for the throttle. I would suggest completing your exhaust installation, because my cross-over pipes get very close to the cable, and I had to use stand-off heat shields plus slip fire-sleeve over the throttle cable for protection.

I used the showplanes bracket, but had it modified slightly for cable adjuster clearance; some judicious bends put in with a sheet metal brake did the trick.

Part of the problem I ran into with the SDS throttle body on my install is that the lever needs a vertical movement from the control cable not a horizontal one like most other carbs and fuel servos. I attempted to move where the lever is set to a zero but with the SDS design it can't be moved. I'm thinking about making a bracket to bolt to the lever side that will transition the motion to a more horizontal forward and back motion but it might make for a long bracket.

Still working on it ...