db8

Well Known Member
Was wondering if anybody has any pictures of their exhaust that 1) is crossover 2) fits on IO-360 PARALLEL valve engine 3) has a Superior sump 4) uses Van's cowl and 5) has two heat muffs? I am having someone make a stainless steel exhaust and the question is mainly clearances and where to put the two heat muffs so they won't interfer with the cowl (or anything else including the mounting brackets for the exhaust). Any pictures or insight would be great. Thanks. Can post here or e-mail me at [email protected]

Superior sump

Hi there are a few photo's at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/kiwipeters

I had the original Ryton Sump which has been recently updated to the new metal sump.
If you put ryton in the search you'll find more on this website regarding these sumps.
The lastest sump should take the same exhaust as a Lycoming as the new sump is now similar.
I have a vetterman exhaust and Larry has been excellent to deal with.
Why do you want two heat muff's?

Peter

Heat muffs

Several buddies have two heat muffs and I want to go with that because in Indiana, it gets cool (cold) in the winter. I'm thinking it's better to have them on the crossover part than on the exit pipe part. The plan is to have one muff for the firewall were the feet are (dumped in not turn vent) and the other to y at the vent on the instrument panel so it can be directed to the back if someone is back there. Thoughts or comments? Thanks. Dave

When you finally decide were to put the heat muff just make sure there are no joints or welds near them. I had a leak years ago in a auster that very nearly killed me through a CO leak from a crack in a welded joint.

Peter

Throttle cable bracket for Superior's new metal sump

Guys,

Does anyone make a bracket to hold the throttle cable on the new Superior metal sump? It should be the same as one that would work on the plastic sump. Van's horizontal bracket only fits the Lycoming or Lycoming clone sump. I don't want to make it from scratch like I did on the Doll way back when!

Throttle cable bracket for Superior's new metal sump

Thanks Peter,
That bracket looks first class! The picture is a big help.

I was hoping for a little advice. Should I opt for a cold air induction sump? It makes sense that it would be better to have cold air without being warmed by the sump. However, what difficulities can I expect in the installation process? And, will the performance be improved?