carl nank

Well Known Member
Note: Superior drivers with new style sump. Could you explain how you installed the fuel drain and plumbing under the Superior sump. There is a lot of exhaust pipe under there.

Is it OK to use auto hose? How did you terminate the hose?

my fix

I installed the sniffle valve then connected a piece of aluminum tube that exits near the exhaust. The tube is joined to the valve with a bit of heater hose and clamps. There is almost a 90 degree bend in the hose right where it connects to the sniffle valve to angle it backwards. It is very close to the exhaust so I wrapped the whole assy in firesleeve and I installed an exhaust heat shield on the exhaust pipe too. The firesleeve touched the heat shield.

Carl

I did similar to Andrew. However I had the orginal sump and therefore exhaust. When I changed to the new sump the exhaust was close to the sniffle valve. So I put a 45 degree adaptor on the bottom of the sump and this allowed me to angle the sniffle valve and pipe well clear of the exhaust. Then a piece of heater hose connecting to aluminum tube which goes to a P clip on the bottom of the firewall to allow any fuel to be dumped well clear.

Peter

2 x 90 bends here

I have the new Superior sump and ran into the same problem. Here's what I did:

I installed two pices of 90* bends before the rubberhose.

Those two bends moved the snifflehose into the open space beetween the exhaust tubes, thus further away from them.

The snifflehose terminates beetween the exhaust tubes according to the plans.

Only 28 hrs until now, but seems to work well so far.

Before you go to to much trouble, I have the same engine and I just took the sniffel valve off. Every time I turned off the engine I had a puddle of gas on the floor. I put the plug back in the sump and have had no problem since.

Sam Butler
RV 7A