rvatorsteve

I'm New Here
Anybody know anything about the Super 8? I'm doing an RV-4 right now but I've looked at both the Harmon Rocket and the F1 Rocket. I like the RV-8 much better. I came across some info about RV-8's with the 540 engine and I think that would be a much better airplane. Putting an O-540 in the 8 isn't a big deal compared with what it took to stuff one in the RV-4

Welcome to VAF!!!!

Steve, welcome to the force.

Good to have you aboard:D

Here is a link to one of the guys who has a super 8, also you might want to look into "Show Planes", they make a fabulous looking fast back conversion, and are rumored:rolleyes: to know something about super 8s.

flyer5.jpg

I have the exact same itch as you do, been gathering info for a few years now.

Last edited:

You might want to look up mike stewart, he built one and has a bunsh of hours on it.One thine i like about the big engine eight is that It has gear towers not gear legs/engine mount combo. also who would want to give up the slider?. I am building a brand-x -8 and the look with a 4 " longer cowl look hot!.

Anybody know anything about the Super 8? I'm doing an RV-4 right now but I've looked at both the Harmon Rocket and the F1 Rocket. I like the RV-8 much better. I came across some info about RV-8's with the 540 engine and I think that would be a much better airplane. Putting an O-540 in the 8 isn't a big deal compared with what it took to stuff one in the RV-4

You stuffed a 6 cylinder in a 4 ???? WOW Flying yet ? Pics ?