Robb

Well Known Member
whats the best sunshade for my RV 7? I have the hinged canopy and it is hot as **** flying around .

whats the best sunshade for my RV 7? I have the hinged canopy and it is hot as **** flying around .

Pull back on the stick and it get cooler every thousand feet :)

But yes, Koger is well worth the $200.... get the small wide one, should fit a 7 and on the occasional cooler day it retracts nicely.

Not sure how I lived without it here in the Texas heat.

Last edited:
We like these

X-Large.jpg

http://www.aero-shields.com/catalog/i76.html

Koger Sunshade 7-Slider

July in south Louisiana...Installed the Koger Sunshade yesterday...made a flight 9:00-10:30am today. A hot humid sunny morning in south Louisiana. This would have been a miserable flight by 10:30am without the shade. Had I known this long ago, it would have been in my 4 as well as the 7. Great product! Get one, get over the price and enjoy it. You won't be disappointed. Jeff returned my call on a Sunday and had it in the mail Monday. Excellent service.

I used "cheap" 'static cling' sun shade from the local auto parts store. 17 or 18 years ago I paid about $12 USD and cut it to make three pieces. I used two and do not remember what I did with the 3rd. Just like on aluminum, I have rounded corners.

The Kroger shade was about $170 back then. Being a 'cheap' pilot, I did not want to spend that much so figured if the $12 worked for a year or two, I would then opt for the Kroger Shade. Well more than 17-years later, I still like what I have. IF out "Dog Fighting", one can see right trough the 'static cling' tint and acquire the target.

I have both the koger (love it), and a cheap cling-on shade that is nice because you can move it to wherever it is needed when the sun is lower.

Chris

cheap from walmart

we opted for 2 shades with suction cups that fold up to a tiny circle. Stow them away when not in use, and when you use them, you can put them anywhere you need to.

Last night I installed the large Koger sun shade in my RV-12. Today was my first opportunity to try it out. Now I wonder how I ever got by without it. Even the taxi out was much less sweaty and uncomfortable. And, changing its position took close to zero effort... I'm sold.

Last edited:
Cheap sun shade 😊

I use poly foil ( like polyfilm buble pack with foil both sides ) from Menards and vinyl suction cups from hobby lobby. Just cut the poly blanket to shape and stick a few suction cups around the edges to secure. Take it off as soon as you want solar heat.