Walt

Well Known Member
We are leaving a little late from DFW area and plan on a fuel stop at the recommended GZH (Evergreen AL). Figure we might as well spend the night either there or heads towards Tallahasse FL. and spend the night that way we can make an early arrival in Tues moringing to the airshow. Any recommendations?

Walt,

Not sure if Evergreen is a good place to overnight or not. The airport sits right next to I-65 and there is a Comfort Inn (phone 251-578-4701) about 5 miles up the interstate. Whether you stay the night or not, make sure you arrive before 5pm, I think their closed after that. Their phone number is 251-578-1274. Pensacola is a good overnight spot in terms of motels/resturants, but they'll charge you an overnight fee, seems like between $10-$15 or something like that. If you got time, maybe you could top off at Evergreen then head south to Pensacola. Or go DFW direct to Picayune MS, top off, then proceed to Mobile Regional or Pensacola regional for the night.

Evergreen is a great gas stop, but not the best place to overnight. I live over here in Panama City (about 100 miles ESE of evergreen) and there are all kinds of options around the airport. Lots of hotels and restaurants - or if you're interested, we have a spare bed at our house (pending approval by the wife). I'm not flying down until Wed, so you're welcome to drop in until then! The airport is right on the bay - really beautiful. Send me an email if you want more info.