What are you going to do on Sunday?

• Watch the Super Bowl?

Votes: 14 14.7%
  • Work on the plane?

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • Work on the plane and watch the Super Bowl?

Votes: 31 32.6%
  • Spend the day at the airport hanging out and flying?

Votes: 14 14.7%
  • Game? What game, I'm just a plane geek? (AKA Other)

Votes: 24 25.3%

• Total voters

N941WR

Legacy Member
On the radio this morning the hosts were asking people to call in who weren't going to watch the game on Sunday.

So...

What are you going to do?

Well, I am doing RV stuff during the day. Building, flying and hangar talking RV's. THEN, I am going to a Superbowl party.

I don't even know how to play the game; but when the local team does so well, how can ya not enjoy the whole shebang?

I know others on this board eat, breathe and sleep football, but most RV guys I know are like me.

Kinda weird how much we are alike, isn't it?

Go Pats!

;) CJ

Work, Work, Work!

Gotta go do an inspection.
Then put up a TV antenna for my Mother. She'll be 88 next Tuesday and hasn't slowed down. She still even mows her own lawn.
BTW, I wouldn't watch football if it were the only thing on! The best thing about the Super Bowl is that it leaves the skies uncrowded.

Weather

I was planning on flying to see my brother and watch the game. But current weather forecast for this area on Sunday doesn't look too promising.

Hopefully flying, then I have to go to a Superbowl party. I am just not interested after the Packers went Tango Uniform on me.....:(

Since Phoenix is under the Superbowl TFR, and I don't want to hassle with it, I decided to spend the weekend at the airport working on the plane. It's going to be a zoo here this weekend.

Snow Shoveling

I need to shovel a path in the snow to get the plane out of the hanger. 8" of snow Thursday night into Friday. If I can not get it out I guess I will watch a few Superbowl commercials.

I would have said "Work on the plane," but at the moment it's "work on the practice kit." If all goes well and my tax refund comes in on Friday, I'll be ordering the emp kit and remaining tools next weekend.

A roll or two.......

......on the way to Tallahassee, Florida for our annual Southeastern Aerial Applicator's Association meeting...Ga, Fl, SC, Ala, (what a mouthfull, eh?) boogity, boogity at 200 MPH or thereabouts....what game?:D

Cya,

I want to see the Patriots kick the Giants' @$$ :D. They deserve it for beating the Packers. I also want to see Tom Petty:p.

Roberta

I want to see the Patriots kick the Giants' @$$ :D. They deserve it for beating the Packers. I also want to see Tom Petty:p.

Roberta

I guess you should go to bed early on Sunday night and start dreaming because that's the only you are going to see that happen!:rolleyes:

Superbowl?

Gee, is that this weekend??? :)
I'm not a pro football fan in the least, I'll either work on the plane or go visit some friends...........

also working to afford RV-8.. then watching the game.. GO GIANTS

not cause i am a giants fan, but i have no respect for Bill Belechick.

On the radio this morning the hosts were asking people to call in who weren't going to watch the game on Sunday.

Game??

What game??

Never was much of a hockey fan.

Just dont care who can slam-dunk the most grand slams through through the old uprights on a sudden death power play game point.

I've taken a few days off just to stay home and watch the NFL Network coverage (OK, actually I had a colonoscopy scheduled... same thing).

Anyway, speaking of Tom Petty, here's a piece I wrote while watching his news conference the other day. Hysterical.

I hope the Pats win, but being an old-time New Englander, we presume the worst and are pleasantly surprised should something better happen.

I'm hoping to finish up that great mod idea for keeping the canopy frame from pulling forward with the struts and I hope to type up some how to's.

Blue Angels number 7 was here at Deer Valley all day giving media rides. He must have givin at least ten rides. Same drill on every takeoff; lift off, accelerate under military power part way down the runway, bump it into burner, and pull it into an abrupt seventy degree or more climb up and through the top of the class delta just past the airport boundary. :cool::cool::cool: If I'm not mistaken, they video tape these rides from a camera mounted on the back of the pilots seat aimed at the passenger in the back seat...nice souvenir, just don't blow chow.:D

Sure wish they gave rides to guys and gals like us more often...Hmmm, lets see, an F-18 ride or Superbowl tickets...no contest...

Last edited:
Blue Angels number 7 was here at Deer Valley all day giving media rides. He must have givin at least ten rides. Same drill on every takeoff; lift off, accelerate under military power part way down the runway, bump it into burner, and pull it into an abrupt seventy degree or more climb up and through the top of the class delta just past the airport boundary. :cool::cool::cool: If I'm not mistaken, they video tape these rides from a camera mounted on the back of the pilots seat aimed at the passenger in the back seat...nice souvenir, just don't blow chow.:D

Sure wish they gave rides to guys and gals like us more often...Hmmm, lets see, an F-18 ride or Superbowl tickets...no contest...

My office is at 19th & Williams. That SOB was rattling our windows all day on Thursday and Friday, and every time he went by, I was too slow with my camera. :(

I just set this up to record on the TIVO. Thanks, I think you just bought me some brownie points with with my wife.

Best,

HA! Glad to help Bryan! It's funny to watch for a bit...especially if you or your wife are dog people.:cool:

I'm taping it

I'll be working on the plane. I plan to tape the superbowl so I can go back and watch the ads by fast forwarding past the game. :eek:

EDIT: OK OK, I watched it. No taping. Glad I did because the game was way better than the lame ads this year.

Last edited:
Cowling

I am heading over to Charlie Kerns, RV8. We are going to cut in his cowling today.
When we get it on we might watch the game.

Put some ground above your head!

I took my friend's nine year old daughter for a ride. She has never been up in a light airplane before. We started out easy and before long she was begging for more. Don't know who was having the best time, her or me! :)

http://picasaweb.google.com/ronschreck/MissIzzy/photo#5163112608253611906

DSCN4723.jpg

Last edited: